MARYCRIS S. OPLAS
Founder, Managing Partner, Alas Oplas & Co., CPAs
Ex Officio, Asia Pacific Region BKR International
Marycris is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the Philippines and the Founding and Managing Partner of Alas Oplas & Co., CPAs. She is also the Regional Chair for Asia Pacific BKR International (July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2020) and Ex Officio (July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021).
She has almost 30 years of professional experience in the field of taxation and strategic financial services. She closely works with clients in the industries such as advertising, international freight forwarding, manufacturing, importation and exportation, resort development, automotive dealership, BPO services, software developer, and trading. She has attended numerous international conferences and seminars and has a broad experience on assistance with the selection of the business structure, corporate and tax registration.
Marycris’ areas of expertise are with taxation and audit, Commissioned as ICPA. She handles issues like tax investigations, tax refund, and tax advisory services through a thorough understanding of the business activities. She performs technical and special engagements which require the necessary experience. Her review on procedures and controls of the specific business process allow identification of key risks and enable implementation of improvements to monitor the business and manage business process and technology risks.
- Member, Association of Certified Public Accountant in Public Practice (ACPAPP)
- Member, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountant (PICPA)
- Member, Tax Management Association of the Philippines (TMAP)
- President, Rotary Club of Makati Urdaneta (2004 – 2005)
- District Secretary, District 3830 (2006 – 2007)
- District Secretary, District 3830 (2012 – 2013)