DONNIES T. ALAS
Founder, Chairman and CEO
Donnies is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the Philippines and the Founder, Chairman, and Chief Executive Officer of Alas Oplas & Co., CPAs.
He has surged through the accountancy profession not just by being a competent CPA, but also by being a successful and respected businessman in the country. His more than forty years of professional experience in various corporate industries and his rich mastery in the field of accounting, audit, finance, tax, and business management affairs led to the triumph of his firm.
In 2011, Donnies unveiled yet another business venture — Alas Oplas Alliance Firms — a multi-faceted group of companies committed to delivering and exceeding service expectations in the fields of audit and assurance, tax advisory, accounting, internal audit and risk management, and consulting, leading a team of experts and professionals in the business services industry.
A dedicated leader, Donnies actively participates in numerous conventions, conferences, seminars, training, and special studies both in the Philippines and abroad. He is also a sought after prolific guest speaker in finance and tax matters.
Aside from his remarkable credentials in the field and his active participation in several professional and socio-civic organizations, he is widely known for his generosity and religiosity–attesting to how an honorable man he has always been. Amidst his busy schedule, he finds time to relax through his other passion — Golf.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Ateneo de Manila University Graduate School of Business
- Association of Certified Public Accountants in Public Practice (ACPAPP) – 2014 President
- ACPAPP Foundation, Inc. – 2015 President
- Auditing and Assurance Standards Council (AASC) – Council Member FY 2011-2014
- Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) Sustaining Life Member
- Chair of Quality Assurance FY 2015-2016 (PICPA)
- Member, Committee on Good Governance (GG) and Performance Governance System (PGS) FY 2017-2018 (PICPA)
- Member, Committee on Performance Governance System (PGS) FY 2016-2017 (PICPA)
- Member, Committee on Performance Governance System (PGS) FY 2014-2015 (PICPA)
- Vice Chair of the Sectoral Search Committee on Awards Public Practice Sector (PICPA)
- Member, Accredited Management Accountant Phils. (AMAP) Accreditation Board (PAMA) FY 2017-2018
- Chairman, for Philippine Association of Management Accountants (PAMA) Foundation FY 2016-2018
- VP for Professional Development, FY 2016-2017
- Philippine Association of Management Accountants (PAMA)
- Member, Chairs of the Committee on Community Affairs for Fiscal Year 2014-2015, Philippine Association of Management Accountants (PAMA)
- Member, Chairs of the Committee on Meetings and Professional Development for Fiscal Year 2014-2015, Philippine Association of Management Accountants (PAMA)
- Member, Tax Management Association of the Philippines (TMAP)
- Member, European Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines (ECCP)
- Member, Management Association of the Philippines (MAP)
- Rotary Club of Makati North District 3830 – Past President
- Rotary Club of Makati North, Rotary District 3830 – Assistant Governor (RY 2005-2006, 2011-2012)
- District Treasurer (RY 2006-2007)
- President, PLM Scholars Foundation Inc. (1997-2002)
- Tower Club
- German Club
- Elks Club
- Metro Club
- Tagaytay Highlands Golf and Country Club
- Orchard Golf and Country Club
- Riviera Golf and Country Club
- Eagle Ridge Golf and Country Club
- Villamor Golf & Country Club
- Torchbearers of the Philippines